- Sharing images and text - flickr
- Collaborative writing - wikis and Writely.com
- Blogging - http://nycwp.org
- Place and writing - Google maps
- Audio and Video Podcasting - Youth Voices Coast to Coast, Skype
- RSS and Research and Critical media study - Netvibes
NYCWP User page set up Edit
Make your user page an exciting place where others can get to know you. At the same time, learn how to use wiki code for:
- Copy only the text in boxes below these instructions.
- Log in and see your user name at the top of the page, in the middle.
- Click on your user name, then click the top edit tab.
- Paste the text you copied in #1 into the box on your user page.
- Go to the bottom of the box, and click Save page.
- Use the edit buttons to replace the writing prompts with your thoughts.
Your first name (Your Nickname or aka)
'''Articles I'm working on:'''
== My Motto == Write a short saying to sum up your attitude toward things.
== Who am I? Where am I from? == Please interpret this in any way you wish. This might refer to your racial/cultural/ethnic background or your neighborhood or street or to any other way you might want to describe who you are and where you are from.
== People I enjoy working with == Descibe the type of person that you would like to work with, and say why. What type of person do you like to work with? Be specific if you can. Who do you enjoy collaborating with? Come up with 5 qualities of the kinds of people who like to work with the most.
== Interests == What are you really good at? What are some of your favorite things to do... eat.. watch on T.V... listen to... places to go...?
== Heroes == List five people you think of as your heroes. They can be famous or not. Explain why each is a hero to you.
== Books == What's your favorite book? List the books you've been reading this month. What did you recently finish? Would you recommend any of these books? Why or why not? What are you reading now?
== My Life with the NYC Department of Education== How long have you been teaching in a NYC school? What do you think about the school you work in now? about other schools you have worked in... What has been your best experience as a NYC public school teacher?
== My Future == What are your plans for the future? What do you hope to accomplish this year... in 5 years... in 10 years? What are your goals?
== Questions == List 3 - 5 questions you have about yourself, then list 3 - 5 questions you have about the world.
[[Category:NYCWP User]] [[Category:New York City Writing Project]] [[Category:Technology Thursdays with the NYCWP]]