- If you drift through Riverside Park,
- heading south
- you eventually come to a narrow strip
- with dogwood trees
- and thick comfortable grass.
- From the ground, the roads and highways
- drop out of view, while
- the river and boats become clearer.
- The grass is cool and you
- can sit on the edge of a tree's shade
- to go in and out of the sun's warmth
- with the breeze.
- You'll hear the water lapping,
- "with low sounds by the shore."
- It would be a great place to read,
- if it wasn't a better place to think.
- You need to go here when other people
- are working -- not on a Sunday
- or an August day. The people you'll see
- will smile to say they recognize
- a shared moment, but the smiles
- won't be invitations
- to conversations.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.