We are going to continue exploring a question online by becoming readers and responders of blogs. To do this we will learn how to find and manage blogs about personal inquiry topics. We will also publish our own thoughts by responding to other people's blogs, and by participating in this way, we will begin connecting with a community of bloggers. In this small way, we will become collaborators in the building of the blogosphere.
Here's our agenda for today's session:
9:00 - 9:45 Start a New Document in Writely.
- Write a Focused Sentence
- Add Tags
- Find and Insert an image using flickrlilli.org.uk
9:45 - 10:15 Readers
10:15 - 10:30 Break
10:30 - 12:30 Introduction to Bloglines (and Technorati)
- Use this online tutorial to get your Bloglines and Bookmarklet set up: Using Bloglines (or How to keep up with dozens of blogs everyday)
- Explore the different ways to search in Bloglines:
- Feeds (probably the most useful for finding blogs about an inquiry topic)
- Subscribe to 5 - 7 blogs that are about your inquiry topic.
- Register (if necessary) and post a response to at least three of the blogs that you've subscribed to.
- Copy your all of your responses to a Writely page, then write a process piece below these paragraphs describing what you did this morning.
12:30 - 2:30 Lunch and Field Trip... with digital photography and recording
We want to use the neighborhood where we find ourselves this month. We'l be attending "Alicia Svigals Klezmer Fiddle Party" at Abe Lebewohl Park, in front of St Mark's Church at 10th Street & 2nd Avenue.
We'll be interviewing each other and making video and digital photographs to use next week.