Do Now Edit
Start Internet Explorer and log onto http://search.epnet.com/login.asp?group=empire (if you need a user name and password, it’s rrgreen)
You need a really quick way to do an annotated bibliography on a topic.
Computer Skills Edit
By the end of this checklist you should be able to:
- Search a research database for a specific topic
- Select certain articles for review
- Copy information from the internet to a document
- Click Topic Search
- In the search box, type a topic such as Conflict Resolution
- Notice the Folder is Empty Link on the right hand side and click thee Search button.
- Click Government
- Choose one of the articles there and click Add
- Click Newspapers
- Click the Add link of two of the newspaper articles there
- Move to the top of the page so that you can see the Folder Has Items link.
- Click the Folder Has Items link.
- Click Save to Disk
- Click the Save link (a second one). The articles will appear.
- Select all the text there (Tap the letter A as you hold down the CTRL key)
- Copy everything (Tap the letter C as you hold the CTRL key)
- Start Microsoft Word and get a blank document
- Paste everything into this page (Tap the letter V as you hold down the CTRL key)
- Click File on he menu bar
- Click Save As
- For the file name, type your name
- Press the spacebar and type Conflict Resolution
- Click the Save button
- Close Internet Explorer
- If possible, print one copy of your new document (Tap the letter P as you hold down the CTRL key, then press ENTER)
Continuation Exercise Edit
- Read each article then summarize it.
- Type your summary sentences into the right places on the document.