The New York City Writing Project is pleased to welcome the teachers listed above to a blossoming community of Writing Project teachers, area populer technology leaders and interested educators using technology for their professional development and in their classrooms.
We are spending July 5 - 27 , 2006 exploring blogging in the classroom. Sessions include:
- exploring a question online
- reading and responding to blogs
- managing online information
- creating and writing personal blogs
- extending blogs with podcasting
- planning ways to use blogs with students
We are discovering what it means to develop an online community for ourselves and for our students and how blogs can support various literacies—technology, reading, writing, speaking, listening and visualizing.
We have three basic outcomes that we are working toward. We want to be able to... and to be able to teach students to...
- access and manage rich interactive information
- create and self-publish compelling content using multimedia
- connect and collaborate with others locally and globally
To learn more about the facilitators' thoughts as we began this summer institue, check out Paul's blog and vodcast at Weblogs & Wikis & Feeds, Oh My!