Sentence Starters Edit
- Highlight, then copy everything from the box below these instructions.
- Go back to the large version of your work of art, and click the edit tab at the top of that page.
- Paste these Sentence Starters there.
- Replace anything within brackets < >, and delete the brackets.
- If more than one student-artist collaborated on this image, merge your writing together, changing "I" to "we" and so forth.
== The Project == The assignment for this project was to <... Write 2 or 3 sentences to describe how you understood the assignment, and what it made you think about.> == My Process == Before I started on this art project I had to <...Describe what you did before you sarted actually making the art.> Then I had to <...Describe how you planned the image.> The steps in making this work of art that were most important to me were <...Describe what was important to you and why>. One part of the process that was a little difficult for me was <...What did you struggle with, and why? How did you overcome any difficulties?> == The Theme == My <photo/painting/sculpture/collage/poster...> represents <...What does it show? What is the main theme? Why is this theme interesting or important to you? Write 3 or 4 sentences.> == Habits of Work and Mind == When I was doing my <<photo/painting/sculpture/collage/poster...> I made sure that <...Describe a habit of work that you used while creating this image.> I also <...Describe another habit of work that you practiced while doing this art.> The Habit of Mind I used was <... state a habit of mind, and explain how you used that habit while making this work of art.> == Conclusion == I really <enjoyed/did not enjoy> doing this project. <Explain why in 2 or 3 sentences.> I want to improve on <...Describe what you might do better next time.> Please leave your thoughts about my work by clicking the '''discussion''' tab, above. Thank you.
External Resources Edit
- Goodwin, Araine, What is an "Artist Statement" Anyway?
- Goodwin, Ariane, Writing Your Artist Statement
- Gordon, Molly, How to Write and Use and Artist's Statement